Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Ronkonkoma during the cooler months, when they’re required to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Cool Power LLC will forever be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is important and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to check if it kicks on.
- If everything looks right, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Cool Power LLC at 631-246-4029 and we’ll return your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.