Whether you appreciate winter or prefer the warmer months in Ronkonkoma, most of us make adjustments to make sure our home’s temperature keeps us content. This can have a huge impact on your monthly bills, but there are steps you can take to help lower those costs.
- Look at the weather stripping – Over time, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to find any drafts that need to be addressed.
- Take advantage of your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be helpful in keeping your home warm. Keep them open during the day when the sun is out, and make sure to close them at night, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter regularly to see if it must be switched out. We recommend at least once every three months, but time between replacement can vary among households.
- Buy a programmable thermostat – It may seem like just a convenient way to make sure your home stays warm, but programmable thermostats can also save money on your heating bill! You can arrange temperatures to be on a lower setting when you are away from the home or sleeping. Being more mindful of efficiency will help with heating costs.
- Add insulation to your attic – Take a look and see if you have a sufficient amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a powerful tool to lower the chances of heat escaping.
- Call for routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system needs to have checkups, too. Hiring qualified technicians to clean and maintain your system will give you piece of mind that your system is operating effectively and efficiently. They can also catch small issues that could end up as more costly repairs if left unchecked.
- Assess your HVAC system – If you notice your energy bills are continually increasing—despite your efforts to increase efficiency—it might be time to look for a replacement heating system. An expert at Cool Power LLC can help you analyze the performance of your HVAC system and walk through your options for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps decrease the amount of money you are spending on your energy bills, but many of them can help your heating system operate more efficiently. More efficient energy use also maintains the health of your equipment, which means your system will last longer.
If you would like routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide additional information on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give Cool Power LLC in Ronkonkoma a call to start down the right path. You can reach us at 631-246-4029 or schedule an appointment with us online.