According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, air ducts must be cleaned every three to five years on average. Your home’s location, your pets and the age of your air filters—along with many other factors—can influence the amount of time between cleanings. How can you know if it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? We’ve got some signals that you should watch for.
Look for these clues:
1. When your vents are completely opened, do any have less adequate airflow than others?
2. Can you hear noise other than your blower motor when you pay attention to the airflow?
3. Is there blockage inside your cold air return vent?
4. When you peek inside with a flashlight, can you see a buildup of debris or pet fur?
5. Have insects or rodents made a home in your ductwork?
6. Are your cold air returns covered with dust or pet hair?
7. Are your registers driving out dust?
If you replied “yes” to any of these questions, it’s probably time to ask Cool Power LLC in Ronkonkoma about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
While professional cleanings are important, there are actions you can take to maintain your ducts and extend the time between professional visits.
Most importantly, schedule regular HVAC maintenance with the professionals at Cool Power LLC . A yearly evaluation of your furnace in the fall and air conditioning unit in the spring will keep your HVAC system running at peak performance. Examining your system often and replacing the air filter when required will also help keep your ducts clean.
Additional ways you can help manage your ducts:
• Seal air duct leaks that let dirt in from areas such as your attic.
• Check your air filters regularly and change them when needed.
• Regularly dust and vacuum your home.
• Replace air duct insulation if it is in unsatisfactory or wet condition.
Keeping your ducts clean will help you make sure the air in your Ronkonkoma home is clean. Don’t forget to use these preventative measures and schedule a professional duct cleaning when needed. Call the experts at Cool Power LLC at 631-246-4029 or schedule an appointment online.