The colder temperatures in winter usually manifest as high heating bills. Does anyone know of ways to keep your home cozy without inflating your energy cost so much? Yes! Cool Power LLC has some tips for you to help keep your home comfortable and your heating bills lower.
Use these tips to help increase your energy efficiency and help reduce your heating bills this winter:
- Use sunny days in Ronkonkoma to help heat your home naturally. Pull back the curtains and open the blinds so the sun can give your furnace a little [[help|boost|break]14.
- Keep the cold air from sneaking in. Seal your windows and doors with caulk or weather stripping.
- The more you can control the temperature in your home, the more you can manage your energy usage. A programmable thermostat will get the job done and boost your home’s energy efficiency.
- Clogged, dirty furnace filters make your furnace work overtime and decrease your energy efficiency. Clean or replace them every three months.
- Do a quick inspection of your home. Are any vents or cold air returns blocked? Clear the way for better airflow and efficiency.
- If your furnace is more than 15 years old, start researching a new energy-efficient model. This could save you the cost of emergency repairs and will help decrease your energy bills for years to come.
- You’re probably aware that heat rises. Don’t let your heat rise so far and escape through the attic. Make sure it’s well insulated to keep warm air where you need it.
- It’s a little-known fact, but heat can escape through your roof. Examine it for loose or missing shingles and holes or areas that need to be sealed.
It may seem like managing your home’s energy efficiency is a full-time job, but with these tips, it should be a little easier. If you’re looking for more ways to increase your home’s energy efficiency, give us a call at 631-246-4029. We’ll help you keep your home comfortable all year long, even in the harshest Ronkonkoma weather.