Having standard air conditioning service done at least once a year can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at top efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Ronkonkoma summertime, have the experts at Cool Power LLC complete your annual air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be completed during a usual air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Check for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, look for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, reclaim any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, rather than illegally releasing it to the environment.
- Inspect for efficient airflow in the system.
- Confirm the appropriate electric control sequence to ensure correct sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Look for the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters regularly is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that simple can help ensure your air conditioner continues to run at top efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should check it habitually. We advise checking it every month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Cool Power LLC today at 631-246-4029.