Summer is upon us! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To optimize your comfort and really relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Ronkonkoma is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Cool Power LLC consistently recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape over the summer.
- First, another time to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter regularly! Replace the filter in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the cold weather. Starting your air conditioner before removing the cover can severely damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s operations. cut the grass, get rid any debris and remove overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you run it this summer. remember to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where you need it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These straightforward steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If it’s time to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Cool Power LLC in Ronkonkoma at 631-246-4029 today.