You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to remain cozy no matter the weather. While it might not be the initial thing that comes to your mind, getting an regular furnace service is an ideal way to keep from spending too much on your utility bills and now is the perfect time to get that scheduled. The pros at Cool Power LLC have assembled a number of tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we have mentioned, furnace service can help save you a number of ways. It can help you find small problems before they become major problems, and it can help make sure your system is functioning at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees can make a big difference on your energy bill. Month after month those savings will really add up. If you’re having trouble getting accustomed to the current temperature, try modifying it gradually, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will quickly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most simple and most valuable things a homeowner can do. A dirty filter will keep air from passing through freely, which will cause your system to work harder, which hikes up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors with drafts can cause you to lose heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are easy ways to fix drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Cool Power LLC technician is over for your yearly furnace service, question the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you decide if it is time to explore getting a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without affecting your comfort.
There isn’t a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are other ways to save money, but hopefully this will be the jumpstart you need. If you need to schedule your regular furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 631-246-4029.