One of the most vital parts of the winter is staying comfortable and warm. Of course, staying comfortable is important throughout the year, but during the cold it is even more essential. Winters in Ronkonkoma are always changing and the frostiest days can often pop up on us, sometimes when your furnace is ill-equipped. So, before you call in a professional technician, here are a few things you can check first:
- Check your filter – unclean filters are one of the most common causes of unexpected furnace failures. Air has a more difficult time passing through filters once they are grimy or dirty, causing the system to switch off often times. The older the furnace, the harder it might be to detect the problem, while newer furnaces are meant to point out clogged and dirty filters before further issues arise. Changing furnace filters every month or so can counteract these troubles and keep you comfy.
- See if your batteries are weak or dead – keep constant tabs on your thermostat batteries to ensure that there isn’t a flashing low battery light or marker on your thermostat. If there is, it’s time to swap out the batteries on your thermostat.
- Ensure that your thermostat is set to “heat” – it can be easy to neglect minor things like the settings of your thermostat. Verify this vital step, especially if there was a relevant rise in temperature that may have caused you to switch off the “heat” setting.
- Check your switches – in your home’s circuit breaker panel, find the breakers that control your furnace:
- [Ensure|Guarantee|Confirm]48] that the switch is in the On position. If it is Off or in the middle of the two sides, cycle the breaker to Off and then reset it to On.
- The switch that looks like a light switch should also be in the On, or Up, side. It can easily be confused as a real light switch, which is why it is usually the difficulty with furnace troubleshooting. Once it’s back On, the system will only need a few minutes to reboot.
Walking through these steps is a simple and effective way of ensuring the productivity of your furnace before you make a call to your Ronkonkoma technician. If there are still problems after you have worked through these steps, you will have a much greater idea on how to update your [[technicians|specialists|experts}69] on what the issue might be. If you have questions or need to set up a repair, call Cool Power LLC in Ronkonkoma.