Living in coolness in the summer can be taken for granted, mainly until you experience a taste of discomfort with an air conditioner malfunction. It can hit at the worst moments; you’re eating lunch and unexpectedly feel how warm your kitchen feels or you can’t fall asleep at night because you are so hot enfolded in your covers. Think you’re feeling this discomfort? It might be the moment for an air conditioner replacement.
Often times, it isn’t the thermostat’s error; the settings can be operating correctly, but it still reads that the temperature is over 80 degrees. It’s often times caused by an ancient or faulty air conditioner that demands a call to the pros to find out what’s wrong. There are many reasons why air conditioners fail, especially bearing in mind the weather in Ronkonkoma. Here are some things that you can look for before you call Cool Power LLC if you think your air conditioner has quit working:
- Broken outdoor fan motor: There is a fan motor on your external air conditioning system that helps transport the heat from your home to the outdoors. If you scrutinize your system and discover that the fan isn’t functioning properly, it means that the heat transfer isn’t transpiring, causing the warm air to hang around in your home. This problem can also initiate overheating of the compressor and other likely internal destruction to your system.
- Dirty filters: It’s one of the most common problems that Cool Power LLC sees. These dirty filters in your air conditioner reduce proper airflow, affecting the air quality in your home, which is really difficult when allergy season comes around. Dirty air filters can also lower the efficiency in your home and boost your monthly energy costs.
- Blocked air flow: Always look for an barrier or jam in your return-air or supply-air grille. This can set off your air conditioner to decrease efficiency and reduce speed.
TIP: Make sure the grilles aren’t concealed by furniture or other home items, also.
- Outside obstructions: Proper air flow could be also hindered from outside barriers around your system, such as shrubbery, trees, lawn chairs, etc. When the air flow is deterred, it can change it’s cooling capacities. Make sure that your system is unrestricted by obstacles and is cleaned frequently to reduce the possibility of air conditioner replacement.
Once you’ve completed these four system checks and your air conditioner still isn’t running, here are a list of questions and additional checks that you should look into and answer to get your system up and running again. (Only progress to the next question if the system doesn’t switch on after doing the step before it):
- Is your thermostat temperature fixed below the indoor temperature?
- Is your system switch in the COOL position?
- Is the outdoor unit power supply switch ON?
- Is the furnace/air handler power supply ON?
- Is your house fuse box/breaker box ok or has it blown a fuse or tripped a circuit breaker?
- If none of these things fix your system procedure, call Cool Power LLC at 631-246-4029.
Don’t let an air conditioner failure or replacement keep you up at night. If you follow these steps and keep your system under routine maintenance, you should have you air conditioner running again in no time. Our team at Cool Power LLC in Ronkonkoma is always here to help – give us a call at 631-246-4029.